February 25, 2024

Sean Dyche has held talks with his Everton players after the club were rocked by a second FFP charge. Following their 10-point deduction earlier in the season, the Toffees now face the threat of further sanctions.

“It’s kind of weirdly becoming the norm,” he rold reporters, ahead of Everton’s FA Cup replay with Crystal Palace on Wednesday night. “It was a soft meeting, the first one was more in-depth, I reminded the players of the good work they’re doing.”

Despite the deduction, Dyche has taken the side to 17th in the Premier League table, one place above the relegation zone – and their appeal against their first penalty remains ongoing. But he admitted club personnel did have concerns about more points coming off.

“I’m not going to go into all the rules and regulations as I don’t know all of them,” he said. “The first situation we are still scratching our heads about. It wasn’t just me that was shocked. I think the pundits, the fans, everyone was shocked.

“Because of the first situation we’re all wondering, that’s the honest answer. I don’t know what the outcome is going to be. The appeal is the first thing, we focus on that and see where that takes us.”

 

Everton FC v Aston Villa - Premier League

Everton drew 0-0 with Aston Villa on Sunday, a game which represented an end to their run of three straight league defeats. But despite the jeopardy he’s currently faced with us both on and off the field, Dyche insisted he would still have taken the job even if he knew what lay ahead.

“I don’t mind getting my teeth into something,” he said. “Great history, great club, great old stadium – although we know that the new one is needed. These chances don’t always come along. When you’re out of work the perfect chance is very rare you’re probably gonna get somewhere where that challenges. There been more here then I thought but I’m never gonna knock that, I’m thoroughly enjoying it.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *